Shun presents the Blue Steel Kiritsuke Knife, a generously sized all-purpose kitchen knife meant to complete several cutting tasks around the kitchen. Kiritsuke is the only multipurpose traditional Japanese knife, and in Japan only the executive chef in the kitchen is allowed to use one. This 8-inch knife blade slices, dices and minces-making it the knife you’ll reach for again and again. In their continued pursuit of meeting the needs of professional chef’s and avid home cooks in the West, Shun has created Blue Steel knives to be unlike any other knives on the market today. The Shun Blue Steel line of knives features several traditional Japanese knife styles that work well with protein, noodles, vegetables and more. Shun Steel is made with Japanese san mai (Japanese meaning, “3-layers”) construction; carbon steel sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel for ultra-sharp knife blades made from carbon steel, but without the need for additional maintenance. The Blue Steel cutting core of fine-grained “blue” carbon steel hardened to 61 Rockwell not only is ultra-sharp, but helps maintain edge retention, keeping your knives sharper, longer. Beautifully crafted, these knives feature a mirror-polish that enhances stain resistance, while the light bead-blasting along the edge shows off the san mai construction. Each knife features traditional Japanese handle styles and includes a Japanese-style saya or knife sheath. Your Shun Blue Steel knives will bring you a lifetime of use and become your favorite go-to knives in your kitchen.
Features & Highlights
- Kiritsuke is the only multipurpose traditional Japanese knife, (in Japan only the executive chef in the kitchen is allowed to use one)
- Featuring Japanese san mai (meaning "3-layers") construction; carbon steel sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel
- Blue Steel cutting core of fine-grained "blue" carbon steel for sharpness, edge retention and easy re-sharpening
- Knife blades feature a mirror-polish that enhances stain resistance; Light bead-blasting along the edge shows off the san mai construction
- Features 16-degree cutting angle each side, flat ground; handes in blue-gray Pakkawood; each knife comes with a Japanese-style saya, or sheath
|Part Number:||VG 0014|
|Item Weight:||0.59 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 0.88 x 0.88 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.1 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Shun, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.